Friday, January 22, 2010

Excuses, excuses

Today..or I suppose it would be this morning....I'm am feeling quite frisky. Well.. it's 1:30 am and I have worked 11 hours straight at the restaurant and am still awake for some odd reason..maybe it's the Ravens Wood Merlot. I have dealt with the cuddled up couple, the blind date, the business meeting, the baby shower, the obvious affair, the single secretary and the newly divorced single dad, the admin and the obviously married "professional" authoritative boss, and so on. So...you get the picture as to how my day has gone. I know I have not been here since I started and this says a lot as to what a "vow" means to me right now...NOTHING. I am as bitter as they come. I know I made a promise to write every day and I WILL NOT BE MAKING ANY EXCUSES!!

so here is my day so far...

Work was funny. Lunch was slower than usual. The storm would make me want to order in.BUT...People still ate out or sent their admin/interns/slaves out to pick up lunch. We had more take-out than usual.

Being in the service business you get to experience pure discrimination. We are servers not "servants" I know the spelling is close; but come on people it's 2010! Learn to say "hello" and get the fuck off your cell phone!!! I will ignore you.

Our total head count on a typical week day/night is 350. Out of those 350 HUMAN BEINGS I say : ":have a great day/night, Thank You so Much" I get a pleasant response from maybe 20. I get a head nod from possibly 30 and smile from 10 if i'm lucky. That leaves 290 people that completely ignore my friendliness. FUCK!

Bitterness is an understatement. It takes a certain type of person to deal with this shit. God bless me!

No comments: